Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Week 5: I could write a two-hour lecture on brevity

Our far-too-big zone
Discover Moving
Pack and grumbling
Short Distance but heavy suitcase
Stop the Problem 
How? Stop this construction.
The proof is time
Moving

So yeah, I had to move buildings today because my building is being redone. So that was fun and now email time is a little packed. Mom, just attach my message to the Primary kids or something to fill up space. (Mom's note: I think I'll post that on Sunday to break up the long wait between posts for everyone.)

Um, yeah, a lot happened this week. I gotta be brief, though. Gosh, I could write a two-hour lecture on brevity. This'll be tough. But let's go. This'll be pure journal highlights. 

So apparently I take too much control of lessons and look like a senior companion. I am technically senior companion, but that's beside the point. Basically now I get to talk less in lessons, and it's actually really helping our unity.

Also I gave my first-ever blessing of comfort and counsel. It was wild. I loved it. Great spirit. I'd talk about it more, but time.

Sister Stringham and I both forgot our nametags at breakfast one day. It was humorous. Sister Cañete said we looked naked. Good memes. 

Yesterday I gave a talk in Korean. It was intense. Also I didn't know I was giving it until during sacrament meeting. More on this story next week because it's good but I have no time. (Note: Elder Newton told his dad that it was a 10-minute talk that would have taken 3 or 4 minutes in English.)

I spoke only Korean for half of yesterday too btw. That was hard, but fun. I'm progressing well. 

Next week y'all will get a daily rundown of MTC life, so look forward to that.
Until then,
Elder Newton​

No comments:

Post a Comment