Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week 3: So, I'm famous now

Dear everyone (Mom, if you wanted to be funny, do a Dear First Name for everyone on the email list. I'm sure everyone will get a kick out of it):
​I may have only taken one picture this week. It's pretty aesthetic. Tell Mary to make it my Twitter header in a couple weeks.

So yeah, things are going well. And with no tweets for Mary I can think of, we can get right to it.

So Mark 10 has been real nice for me this week. Brother Chandler showed it to me because I was talking to him about being worried about something bad happening back home. And like it's nice to know y'all will be blessed. I think it's verses 28-30. Also I really like 2 Nephi 29. So yeah, I'm spiritual. Now on to my fame.

So yesterday Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson came. She was a real nice speaker. Also apparently Elder Jeffrey R. Holland was in town, but he didn't come. Elder Pulsipher was very disappointed. Anyway it was a real nice talk about being willing to be pruned by the Lord. So how did I become famous? Well, see, at one point there was a fun audience interaction section, and guess who was seated right behind the microphone in the audience. 

It was me!

So yeah, I did my best not to look at myself on the giant screen, but apparently my facial expressions were still very funny. People are stopping me randomly on my way to class now. I'm very memorable. Too bad y'all can't ever see it because them devotionals aren't public or something.

Important news! I got a left-handed desk! It's beautiful. I can write well. And like it's just. I'll have to send a picture next week, I'm so happy with her.
Oh yeah, also the Korean branch has 113 people as of today. So, like, we're the biggest in the world. It's intense. We take up like three tables at lunch now. 

Speaking of, vegan food is still great, it's nice to see Kate.

Of course four square continues to be the best part of any day. I'm a certified pro at this point. Also I get to play with the Portuguese today, and they're super fun. I'm looking forward to exercise.

Um, let's see not too much else is standing out. Today I spent like an hour in the Celestial Room because Elder Pulsipher fell asleep and I didn't notice. I think he was asleep. He could have been praying. So yeah, I love you all. Thanks for the mail and packages and things. Also emails. It's nice to know I'm not forgotten.

Best Spiritual Wishes,
Elder Newton

P.S. Apparently someone I know got called to Seoul but no one will tell me who it is.* So like someone write me a letter and hook me up with that info.


* Elder Palepoi Gilmore, one of Elder Newton's first friends from middle school, will enter the MTC Oct. 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment