Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 1: Mass email that I actually know is going to everyone #1

Your purpose ft. Korean and Brother Chandler's hand
So um, hi. Everything is crazy. Lots of classes. I know so much and also no Korean at once. Like today at lunch I only spoke Korean with Elder Pulsipher. Of course I didn't say much, but like I did the Korean thing.
So I forgot my journal so I have no idea where to start.

Wait, actually I do.

Four square. It's taken over my life. We get exercise time every day, and I've exclusively been doing it. It's so fun. There's even a court in the temple parking lot. We play hard. My goal is to get a scar. Wouldn't that be a cool story?

Food.    I'm jumping all over on topics btw. So veganism is fun with Elder Pulsipher. Lunch people in the wrap line are real nice to us. Kate even refilled the kiwis just for me once. She gets a huge shoutout for that. The orange juice is fine. I drank it and everyone freaked out, but literally nothing happened. Um, also there are many bagels, so don't worry about me starving. 

Cute Elder Pulsipher
Class. My teacher, Brother Chandler, only speaks Korean. It's wild. He gestures a lot and the first week has felt like Darmok. (That reference was for you, Dad.) Anyway, I love Brother Chandler and he's really nice and spiritual. He's taught me so much. Like I can pray in Korean now. Like nursery level. But it's prayer. 

District: Changing the punctuation up. (Yo, Mom, if you ever want to fix spelling or grammar, do it. Thanks.)
Anyway, I love my district. I'll write more about them later and do bios or something. A few are in the few pictures I remembered to take. A lot of the pics are on Giauque's (pronounced jock) camera. Others were on Elder Babbitt's, but he deleted everything on accident. He's kinda like that.

Um, let's see, devotionals are fun. Doing a lot of SYL.* Thanks for all the email. I also enjoy letters and space stamps. Elder Pulsipher is district leader so I get mail first. Anyway, I think that's all I can think of for the week. More later. Or something.

P.S. Here's this week's "discover" poem:

Discover forgetfulness
Sent email and regret
Short click but many clicks to make a new email
Stop the problem
How?
Write a poem next week.
The proof is a rainbow
Forgetfulness


* Speak Your Language



No comments:

Post a Comment