Sunday, September 4, 2016

Bonus post: Do not read if you are over 12

Note from Mom: I asked Elder Newton to write a brief message for the Primary children (ages 3-11) who were learning about missionaries this week. They seemed to enjoy his message.

Dear small humans,

Hello from the MTC! It's great here. There's a lot of food and a lot of people speaking Korean. (Technically a lot more languages are spoken here, but I only really care about the Korean at the moment.) 
So my mom (who's great, you should cherish her) has asked me to talk to y'all about missions. Unfortunately, I am currently in Missionary Boot Camp and cannot be with you personally. But, I trust that my mom knows how to read, and so I have this message for you.

Missions are amazing. You know in sacrament meeting when you felt the Spirit as everyone bore their testimonies? (I assume you felt it, as long as you weren't just on your phones or eating your Cheerios.) Well you get to feel the Spirit here like 24/7. And sometimes apostles come to speak, just for you. That's crazy, man. 

So on P-Day I only have an hour to email people, so I'll close abruptly with some advice: Always follow the commandments, and pay attention to how you feel when you share the Gospel with people. Even if it's just a talk in Primary, getting a feel for sharing the Spirit is a key part of missionary work. 

So since my teachers tell me to always give a commitment, I'm going to give you all something to do this week. It's like I'm your teacher giving you homework. But it's fun. And there's no math. [Note to Mom: Wait for the kids to stop laughing at my great joke before continuing.] 
I want you to share something about the Gospel with one of your friends or a member of your family this week. Practice being a missionary now, and then in a few years you can go out and serve just like  me. (And maybe your language will be easier than Korean.)

My Best Regards, 
Elder Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment