Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Week 6: MTC schedules and things

Discover Schedules
Set and straightforward
Small boxes, but like 3 hour chunks of time
Stop the Problem
How?
Get me into the mission field
The proof is a really boring and repetitive planner
Schedules

All extra business:
I am slowly figuring out how to make outfits here when I don't have 35 sweaters. It's hard, but I'm improving.
Korean is great and I finally know indirect discourse. It's amazing.
Elder D. Todd Christofferson came yesterday. I liked it a lot. But also his whole talk can be summed up by saying "Repentance is really important. Do it and teach it."
Also I've done a couple of days without English. Except we all cheat a lot. But still it's pretty good.
And also I did sealings at the temple for the first time today and I loved it. Now, on to the Schedule:

Monday: It's a weird day. Nothing is scheduled until 7, but we can't really shower because exercise is a thing later in the morning. It's hard not to just sleep in. Usually we just extend personal study.
At 8:05 we get breakfast and then at 8:50 we exercise for an hour. Then we shower and stuff. After that, there's two hours for language and companion study before lunch.
During lunch, I force my companion to get a sack lunch so we can fit in some clarinet practice. Because I'm playing in sacrament meeting next Sunday because someone already had a piece for this one.

Then we get taught by one of our two teachers from 1:30-4:35. It's wild. I like it a lot. They're really spiritual. Then we go to dinner, (I practice clarinet a bit more) and when we come back we get 3 hours with our other teacher. Then it's back to the Residence and we get ready for bed. 

Tuesday is similar except we start with exercise, eat after that, and have three hours in the classroom in the morning. Then it goes as normal until we have the devotional and choir practice in the evening. After the devotional we have a district review of the devotional. It's sweet. Then whoever has a priesthood or Relief Society lesson for Sunday goes to a meeting where a branch presidency member gives you ideas on what to teach. Speaking of, this Sunday I'm teaching a lesson about baptism.

Wednesday is P-Day, I go to the temple and it's great. Then there's laundry, email, and occasionally we get more flashcards for Elder Pulsipher from the store. 

Thursday is like Tuesday, but without a devotional.

Friday we have to wake up at 6 for service, but after that everything becomes normal again. This Friday we're starting Skype TRC*. More on that next week.

And Saturday is just like Thursday except we get a teacher in the morning, and study time at night. I'll describe Sunday next week because I'm a little close to time. Also I'll send pictures next week, because I just took a couple of aesthetic sky pictures.

Sorry if this was all a little boring, love you all,
Elder Newton

* Note of explanation, courtesy of Elder Newton's friend Aaron Gentillon: "TRCs are when you either Skype or talk with face to face people who speak your mission language.  They are only allowed to speak the language, and you’re supposed to either get to know them or teach them or something."

No comments:

Post a Comment