Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 8: I'm going to Korea?


(The one pic I took this week)

So I have a fun fact for all of you: Contrary to popular belief, I have not been called to serve in the MTC mission. I know, it's been nine weeks, and we're all used to me being down in Provo, but apparently on Monday I'm being transferred to Korea. So that's cool. I wish someone had told me about it.
I'm funny.

Anyway, yeah. Last week here is wild. Mom has reminded me I forgot to talk about Sunday, so I'll talk about this last one bc it was pretty sweet.

So Sundays are the best day. It's like, restful, and it's not all in Korean. Mornings are at a nice pace, and getting ready is definitely less rushed. Since there aren't really many workers, breakfast is always cereal and muffins. 
After breakfast, we write talks in the classroom. These talks have to be in Korean, and you have to write them because the speakers for sacrament meeting are chosen at random. During the meeting. It's stressful. Like, to avoid the stress, I wrote my talk for last Sunday on Thursday night just to have it done with. 
Anyway, after frantic talk-writing time, we have district meeting. Basically the branch presidency has a prompt they give everyone for the day, and during district meeting we have a quick spiritual discussion on it. Last time we talked about humility. In fact, like all of last week many things were about humility. I think I might want to work more on humility probably.
After district meeting is sacrament meeting. Sacrament meeting was great, because instead of giving a talk, I played my clarinet! It was amazing and really spiritual. Shoutout to Sam Noyce for recommending this sweet "Love at Home" arrangement. Maybe I'll play it for y'all in two years
Also my accompanist is Sister Coon, and she's wonderful, and I'll love her forever. I may have forgotten to get a pic with her, though, so next week I'll show you her. She's so good. Accompanists are great.

And then after sacrament meeting we have lunch. 

And after lunch is priesthood. It's just a normal priesthood meeting.

After priesthood we have temple walk. I either take a million aesthetic pictures, or like none at all.

Then we come back and go to choir.

Choir is amazing. It's always so big. I'm gonna miss it. It's like a pre-devotional devotional. Except I get to sing a lot. It's great.

Then some speaker comes, gives a devotional, and I'm supposed to take notes. Sometimes I do. I've been getting better. 

After that it's movie night where we watch devotionals, or Mormon stuff like "Ephraim's Rescue." They never showed "Once I Was a Beehive," though. That's a bummer. 

And then I go to bed and get ready for Monday!

And yeah, that's all the time we have, folks. Write you again from Korea!

-Elder Newton

Discover New mailing address
Mail and ship
Small part of email, but blatant advertisement
Stop the problem
How?
Send me things
The proof is international shipping.
New mailing address

Letters:
Jahamun-ro 152 1 dong
Jongno-gu
Seoul-si
Seoul-teukbyeolsi 03046
South Korea

Packages:
Jahamun-ro 152 1 dong
Jongno-gu
Seoul-si
Seoul-teukbyeolsi 110-030
South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment