Saturday, September 24, 2016

Week 9: Pics and a quick bonus post

Note from Mom: Elder Newton has been told that he won't get to email again until Oct. 3 because he arrives in Korea on Tuesday and his preparation day is Monday. I expect to receive a photo of him from his mission president on the day he arrives and will share it here when I do.
 
Dear Everyone,
Hi! I get to email because I'm going to be missing it for a week. So that's cool. Anyway, here are pics of District F with our teachers. Honestly, I swear these people were hand picked to teach me. I don't know if any other pair could have taught me better. They've been amazing, and basically all I know, I know thanks to them. 

Front row, l-r: Sister Stringham, Sister Phocharoen, Sister Kim, Sister Legaspi. Back row: Elder Newton, Elder Morgan, Elder Pulsipher, Elder Giauque, Elder Coon, Elder Babbitt.
So here's us with Sister Kim! She's so great. She speaks really fast, like always. It's intense. But also I've learned a lot from her. She's really proactive and a planner. I am neither of these things. So she's helped me kinda become those things. I'm bad at them still, but I do them now. So technically I've improved infinitely.

Front row, l-r: Sister Stringham, Sister Legaspi, Sister Phocharoen, Elder Morgan, Elder Coon. Back row, l-r: Elder Pulsipher, Elder Newton, Elder Giauque, Brother Chandler, Elder Babbitt.

I look less good in this pic, but it's k. Brother Chandler is in the back. He tells us a lot of stories and is also probably the most spiritual person I've ever met. He has made me cry on multiple occasions. He makes me really happy, and also helps me believe a little less that I'll die in Korea. He's studying molecular biology and will probably cure cancer. Also he makes the best sound effects of my life. He should be a radio storyteller tbh. 

So yeah, I think I should just close with a Discover Poem, and it'll be good.

Discover Teachers
Write and discuss
Obvious topic, but unclear message
Stop the Problem
How? 
Take them with you to Korea
The proof is /really/ overweight luggage
Teachers

-Elder Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment