Sunday, September 3, 2017

Week 58: Dangit, I was going to name it after my pics, but I forgot my SD card reader

Discover Savage
Wrend and Rip
Light bone, but brutal force
Stop the problem
How?
Cut the ties
The proof is molding
Savage

Hi everyone! It's September, isn't that great? I love September. I went to Hogwarts this week, thus explaining the lack of pictures (ever since Colin Creevey, pictures have never been the same out there. Plus I only had a digital camera, which screwed me over). Don't worry though, because Elder Bond gave me a bunch today, so you can see my past, but not my present. I don't know what I'm talking about. I just love Harry Potter. I tried talking about it in English class. The members all got confused because they thought Hogwarts was a real English word and not a magic school. But what can you do?

As for district leadership, it's pretty simple without sisters. I just have to make sure the elders aren't going apostate. They're all nice. It's been a good week, but it's been sad without Elder Lee. He was a good man. We still listen to "Spiritual Whirlwinds" to remember him

'You're selfish.' 'You're judgmental.' One even compared me to a slave owner.

Stuff like that.

But yeah. Um, it was a good week. We did a lot of things, oh yeah, we made banana bread and did a surprise visit with Anderson, one of our investigating people. He's so nice. He had just gotten up from a nap, and he invited us in to talk. We had a great discussion, and I would encourage everyone to read John 6 with banana bread in mind. Also his testimony of following Christ's example is growing, and I love him.

Then, since time is low, we will just share how I got to go to the CTR class in Wonju. It had all three of our baptized primary children, and 김원희 is the teacher, which is an extra bonus. We learned about persecution, warning and pioneers. In Korean Horne and Haun get Konglished into the same sound, and so the kids kept asking about Elder Horne and his ancestors. They enjoyed my ancestor who lost his hip.* Shout out to music night for learning that in Korean. 

Also it was hilarious. Brother Kim's son started complaining how all our prophets were American. "Why were there no Koreans? When I was younger I thought the only thing there was was Koreans." Kids are fun, I plan on attending more in the future. Apparently having missionaries helped the atmosphere a little, and yeah. It's a good time here in Wonju. Enjoy the separate pictures, sorry I forgot to add captions, whoops. 

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
 
* Elder Newton is a fourth great-nephew of Alma Lamoni Smith and a great-great-great-grandson of Willard Gilbert Smith, the other Smith brother who survived the massacre.

No comments:

Post a Comment