Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week 61: My country was invaded


An afternoon at the beach.

Discover Pirate
Yarrr and Harrrr
Short plank for a long walk
Stop the Problem 
How?
Cruise for a Bruising
The Proof is Leviosa
Pirate

Happy (late) Talk Like a Pirate Day! And Hermione Granger/ Sister Gottfredson's Birthday! It's a party all up in last week.

So yeah, we did things this week. There was exchange. Also huge Dancing Carnival. We had investigators reading Books of Mormon, and even investigators at district meeting, but none of that matters because I went to Seoul on Thursday and so did my uncle. 

Why was he there? How did he come?* We don't know. All I know is now I have enough toothpaste to last me through college I swear. Or I need to brush 10 times a day. I might need to with all the Nutella though. Oh well. Thanks, Jeff. Hope you had fun in my country. See you around or something

Also we somehow got home in time for our appointment which was sick

And then we had Friday, which was a pretty nice day except I had to do weekly planning. 

And yeah, Saturday and Sunday were our days in Gangneung. I loved it. We slept in a mansion. And had a zone activity of 20 or so missionaries. It was so many. I streetboarded with Elder Gilmore as he played ukulele and I played clarinet.† It was sick

Also President Sonksen helped a lot with our musical number in the end. He even played the piano for it. It was super great, and the missionaries did so nice. It was great. Good session of District Conference. 

And yeah, then there was Sunday. It was fun, and most of Wonju came out this time around. It was great. Even the two sisters with cancer made it, and the less active-ish old man Elder Law baptized. The meal after was delicious, and I met old Branch President's sister and her kids. She married one of Brother Kim's friends. He said it was weird and he didn't like it. It was funny.

Also because of hour-and-a-half meeting on social media, and accidentally going with new Branch President to the beach (don't worry we found a potential investigator for Gangreung, so it was effective), we didn't get home til late. On time late, but still like later than usual.

Also the best way to make Primary kids happy is 6 pounds of gummi bears. I guarantee it. 

Pictures are separate, 

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
 
* He was in Seoul on business, having traveled there on an airplane.
† Unfortunately, no photos of this exist, because Elder Newton was spreading the word of the Lord and did not have his camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment