Sunday, January 29, 2017

Week 27: I love Pokemon Go! (And kinda am sorta OK with change maybe)

Discover Hairbrush
Tousle and Bristle
Thin sticks but thick hair
Stop the Problem
How?
Cram the Time
The proof is Slate
Hairbrush

Heya everyone! I have exciting news!

Pokemon Go came out on Wednesday! It was amazing. It's making 전도*  like a million times more fun. I talk to so many people and it's fun and not scary at all. I really love Pokemon and learning their names in Korean. (Also at all the convenience stores there are these little Pokemon Bread things and they have stickers in them. I'm collecting them (the stickers, not the bread).  But yeah, Pokemon is great. The church is a pokestop, and sometimes we get the numbers of kids who wander into the parking lot. It's fun.

But I also have news you all might find cooler. (I don't know why, though; nothing beats Pokemon.)

I wasn't transferred! I get to stay in 녹번 † forever! But our sad news is that Elder Brown is going away to be zone leader on the edge of Seoul. It's a little sad, and also changing companions will be weird, but my new companion is really funny. I actually met him at 설날 conference. His name is 류호남 장로님 ‡ and I will tell you all about him next week. 

And yeah, what else happened?

We cleaned all day on Saturday because no one was on the streets. That was kinda fun. We spent yesterday being fed by and saying goodbye to some families Elder Brown likes. We have a new investigator! He's 20 and super cool and we met him when a youth brought him to church. He has like no religious background, but in the first lesson his friend mentioned the priesthood and he asked if he could have the priesthood too. He's so great. I love him. We're totally getting Dong Jin (his friend) to baptize him. But that's later. At the moment he just has the Book of Mormon app and a soft baptismal commitment.

And yeah, that's the news.

Best wishes,

Elder Newton
* proselytizing
† Nokbeon
 ‡ Elder Ryu Honam

No comments:

Post a Comment