Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 26: Only 19 but in Korea I'm older

Elder Newton emailed in the late afternoon this week, when Mom was sleeping, so she wasn't able to ask any follow-up questions. Perhaps our questions about the chicken will be answered next week.

Discover Cake
Prevaricate and Preserve
Sweet Icing But Savory Chicken
Stop the Problem
How?
Go on a hike
The Proof is store
Cake

So yeah, I did a lot of things this week. I would like to report my birthday was good and that everything is fine here in Korea. Also I have a bunch of pictures, so we'll let those speak for the email this time around. But before that I'll add a couple nonphotographed moments.

1) At district meeting, Elder Brown had everyone give a short training on something he saw that they were doing well. I got to talk about listening (if you'll believe that's a strength), and I used sight singing. I also mentioned John Cage. But yeah, back to sight singing. Basically, if we don't listen in lessons to what our investigators need, it'll be like we have just the beginning note, and are then told to sing a whole song. You might get close, but unless you have perfect pitch, you're going to miss some notes. However, as we listen, we can find our notes better and lead people to the path of discipleship or forever. So that was a cool discovery I made as I gave training.

2) I went hiking today, and on the way back I saw a Cavalia sign. It was insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment