Sunday, July 2, 2017

Week 49: In which Elder Newton sings to a Seventy

My Discover Poem from two weeks ago. Now it's Korean
So yeah, other stuff happened this week, but everyone will want to know about the Seventy*, so we'll get on that.

So first off it was an all-day meeting. (Not counting when he came to church on Sunday too.) Getting to and from Gangneung is an ordeal. But it's a pretty ordeal. 

So the meeting is amazing, and I forget everything as I'm sitting here typing this. Elder Choi went off for a long time on eternal marriage and the purpose of companionship. I learned a lot about the purpose of full-time missionary work, and why I need to be doing this and not only member missionary work. 

But we'll fast forward to the part where we sing to Elder Choi.

So at one part of the meeting Elder Choi does a demonstration by singing with his wife for us. It was very pretty, and so afterward he asked for volunteers to come up and sing with their companions. 

Naturally no one raised their hand.

So I'm sitting there in this grand predicament. What do I do? I like singing, but I also know my companion will not like me if I do this. But also we are just sitting in silence. But Elder Saguinsin is tone deaf. But like, he's still all right at singing. And Sister Choi/Gu said that we would have our mouths filled if we volunteered ourselves earlier. 

And so, like any good Elder Brown would do, I shot my hand into the air.

So we get up, and it turns out it was all a trap, and I actually had to do a proselyting roleplay. And it would be a couple.

Disclaimer: Proselyting to couples is very difficult and never works.

But we did it, and they told us to offer to sing to them. And so we sang "I Am a Child of God" and taught gospel truths.

So that was cool. 

And yeah, there are pics in another email. Hold tight.

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
* Elder Yoon Hwan Choi of the Asia North Area Presidency

No comments:

Post a Comment