Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 40: It's Gonna Be May

I got a haircut and Mr. Hair made me look like a K-Pop star



































umopaplsdn
The proof is Ramen
Carve the Knife
How?
Stop the Problem
Standard Content but Jumbled order 
Reflect and reel
Discover Upsidedown

So Sunday was a crazy day. We started by picking up a couple Mongolian members to bring them to church. Then I had to both translate and give a talk in Sacrament meeting, which was a stressful experience, but it's OK because temporary companion Elder Horne is good enough at Korean to at least translate my talk. But I gotta say, translating is a hard job, and I don't want it again anytime soon. Kind of like my part-time job as district leader. Really responsibility is terrible. But it's OK because Branch President and his wife fed us after church before our music practice. It went well. I love the clarinet time in Wonju. Never transfer me. Then at night I had to do the district leader call-in report which was really weird. Also before we got home we found a wallet on the street and delivered it to the police. It was fun. We found a guy on the street who just called them, and the police just drove up and picked it up. That's how little crime there is in Korea. They have time to do that. 

Saturday was a little jam packed. We had to leave the house right at 10 to pick up some kimchi from a sister in the branch who wanted to have us deliver it to Brother Pan. But like, secretly. She also gave us kimchi and bagels. She's so kind. Then we had English class and Family Home Movie Night featuring "The Other Side of Heaven," and I was writing my talk in any free moment I could get. 

Friday was really just weekly planning at the church. Then we ate and had streetboarding at the market. Oh yeah. We did that without our suitcoats because during dinner we got a text that said we could take our coats off.  Then on our way home an older man talked to us for a long time about being open to learning about other people's beliefs. Which was pretty fun, he took a Book of Mormon, but he said he'd read it if he ever finished the Quran. Then we got a call from Branch President telling us that two people couldn't make sacrament meeting, and since our new district leader still wasn't transferred to us, I'd have to give a talk on Sunday. It was not a fun night. But we did get a call from Sister Lee saying she made kimchi she wanted to give us and Brother Pan. That was nice. 

Thursday we dropped one of Elder Horne's investigators in the morning, did studies in the afternoon, had an out-of-the-blue appointment, that was just an investigator from another mission who was visiting his girlfriend in Wonju. And then we took a bus and visited a member who lives far away. He's so good for coming to church. 

Wednesday was Transfer Day. We were meant to give away Elder Diamante and get an Elder Lee in return. But instead Elder Lee was in surgery, so he wouldn't be in Wonju until the next Monday. So instead we started our week in the transfer as a trio. It was a fun time, and to commemorate the occasion my planner pages were flipped upside down. But only for this week. Like the exact time we were a trio. It was spooky. Kind of cool. We did a service project and met Sister Cheon's new greenie, Sister Kim. This was also when I got the idea to write a backwards email. 

Tuesday involved a lot of Elder Diamante's lasts. Last streetboarding, last dinner, last English class, etc. He got a lot of presents from people, mostly involving telling him to get married, or to use this silverware set with his wife. Overall a good day. Until, you know, about 10 at night when the APs called and told me about my new temporary district leader responsibilities. I had just gotten off a really good phone call too. It was a sad moment. 

Monday was nice. We bought letter materials and I got a plant. It's cute. And that's my week backwards^^ Sorry it's long and the stories are short

Best wishes, Elder Newton

P.S. I took pictures. Of myself!

I like this framing and this outfit. And the haircut. I love myself really.

This is my succulent. Send in name suggestions

I liked the aesthetic

Also I love the selective color function still. Isn't it cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment