Sunday, April 16, 2017

Week 38: Weeks continue and there's so much but also I never know what to write about

Discover Room
Fumble and Flick
Illuminating bulb but blinding light
Stop the problem 
How?
Dye the Egg
The proof is harvest
Room

Yeah, I know the poem doesn't make sense. But it's tradition so...

And yeah, it was Easter this week! It was great! It all went by so fast. We had a pretty sick party with egg dyeing and Balloon rabbits. I really like the balloon animal thing. It is a lifelong skill. Also very versatile. 

We did home teaching last night? Which out here is really just a band of missionaries (both in the group of animals sense and the musical group sense) and Branch President. Elder Diamante sings "You Raise Me Up." Then we do clarinet duets that you wonderful people have on video.* You're welcome. And to finish off we did, um, the two-part song about family prayer. What is that again is English?† I'm bad at hymns. But it's fun. We went out into the middle of nowhere, like basically farmland, to one of our members. She was nice and gave us Cheese KimchiBokkimbap (I definitely misspelled that) which was delicious, but also a little unexpected. It may have made us late home, but it's OK.

And also I went on an exchange with Elder Horne! That was fun. There are pictures, but I haven't had time to pick which ones to send, so that'll happen next week. Sorry. But yeah, we taught a 70-year-old man English/ the gospel. He was nice, and very happy to learn the word cool. He also gave us special seeds and said he didn't quite believe our Mormon book yet. But he was nice.

Also we had an appointment for lunch on Saturday and when I asked the kid if he ever wondered why there were so many churches he basically gave us the great apostasy lesson. We even had a nice discussion on Martin Luther. That was hard. I may have only actually understood 30% of that part, but I faked it pretty good. I think. He seemed to understand in the end we needed a restoration and not a reformation. And yeah. 

Hope you liked my random stories I guess. See you later or something. Remember Jesus and the real meaning of Easter! Or something like that. Byeeeeeeeeeee

Best wishes,
 Elder Newton
 
* President Gim and Elder Newton, clarinet; Elder Horne, piano

No comments:

Post a Comment