Sunday, July 29, 2018

Week 106: One Last Time

Elders Newton, Boden and Alger
Discover Korea
Adjust and Adapt
Morning Calm but Afternoon Bustle
Stop the Problem
How?
See the People
The Proof is Emotional
Korea

Well. It's my last email. I don't know what to say. It's been a busy week of goodbyes and zone activity. I'm almost packed. I don't remember enough of the week to give a review. We fixed the branch president's porch on Saturday. That was fun. 

건우~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

승우~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He's so handsome
Sunday was good. It always is, I think. Everything went well. 승우 had the prayer in sacrament meeting, but he slept through it. That was funny. Ummmmmmmm we did a musical number! That was cool. Elder Alger worked so hard on the piano. Shout out to him and Mom for the "Love at Home" arrangement. I also gave my first and last Final Talk as a missionary. It was all about the power of friendship in the gospel. It was fun. If y'all come to my homecoming talk, it will probably be similar, but in English. 

Over two years I'm sure I've got some wisdom, but I don't know it now. That's OK, though. I think it's all just about love for the Savior and the people. In the end, all the commandments and all of the gospel seems to turn you outward. I think that's the weirdest part of the whole ending the mission thing. As a missionary, I never really had to think about myself, but once I'm in America, a whole lot of things will suddenly kind of be about me. I hope I can find a good balance of that. But, we'll see how it goes. Thanks to all of you for reading this here blog. I enjoyed the poetry. Hopefully we can keep that up. 

Have a good week, everyone! See you soon? I guess?

Best Wishes, 

Elder Newton
We always just talk after church. It's great
 

No comments:

Post a Comment