Sunday, July 1, 2018

Week 102: Ministering and Late Nights

"Could I hold the door for you?"
Discover Door
Hinge and Heave
Worn Screw but Intact frame
Stop the Problem
Turn the Page
The proof is eye
Door

Cool LEGO stuff at café
Well, we've had a week. Went to the market and bought some cheap honey and a fan and stuff. Also other things happened. We had a lot of opportunities to serve and randomly get and receive ice cream on Wednesday

Roses
Speaking of Wednesday, I had the best member visit of my life. We're focusing on ministering to the members, so we bought Sister Kim some bread, and because I had lost the phone on the bus that day* #whoops we had missed dinner. We mention this, and in 2 seconds she's pulled out fruit and choco pies and pulls her table up by the shoe pit because we can't go in her house. We talked for a long time about her conversion story and about the branch. She's so faithful and happy. She also says that we can't send me home. Sorry everyone. 

I like sunsets

And corn
Also Thursday was good. We had a great zone training. It went long, so we couldn't have pizza, though. But I liked it. We made our own Zone Commitment called "Operation: Monsters Inc." It's fun. We all make little ministering challenges for the zone every day and then you record what you did that night in a journal or notebook. Mine is a carrot one. 

Companions taking pictures of our food
Also we had a great story by Sister Castro about Sister Gottfredson and the Book of Mormon. I really felt like I had to deepen my appreciation for the book, and so that night I got home and read it, and since I couldn't sleep I read some more in the middle of the night so by morning I was done with the Nephi books. The first two. But I've just been reading it whenever I have a second. I'm on 3 Nephi now. It's a really good experience. The people in the Book of Mormon are all so real, and I've learned a lot from the arcs of story and things. I'd recommend it to anyone. I do all the time, actually, now that I think about it. 

I did a thing for English Class #artsy
And yeah, Sunday I had my last Fast Sunday. It was weird. I mentioned it in my testimony and everyone was really shocked. But it was a really good experience anyway. I love the members and just the feeling of the church here. It's my family, really. Also three of the people we're teaching came to church. That was great. And that's the week. Keep up the work!

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
 
* "Koreans are fun when they help foreigners."

No comments:

Post a Comment