Sunday, April 1, 2018

Week 88: I continue to request no #GenCon spoilers I don't care how cool it was

The missionaries with a local resident who likes the missionaries
Discover Time Zone
Rotate and Reveal
Day early but week late*
Stop the problem
How?
Boil the Egg
The proof is life
Time Zone

Well it's been a fun time. It's just the two of us out in Taebaek now. And the sister missionaries. And the 10 members. But yeah. We've had a pretty fun week. It's flown by though. One second it was Tuesday afternoon singing to Elder Martinez in the 연못 and next thing you know it's Saturday and Sister Fryer's greenie, Sister Cho (not pictured), is arranging a clarinet accompaniment for our Easter Party Song. 
Sister Lee's tribute to Elder Martinez

We're still working on cleaning Brother ___'s house. It's a pretty long-term task, but since his house has so much stuff we got a couple old things he doesn't need. Elder O'Brien got a new chair and I got a Korean typewriter. It just needs a new ink roll. Neither of these things are pictured though. Whoops. I should have titled the email "Not Pictured"
Easter invitation for the church members

Ummmmmmmmmm we also picked up Sisters Cho and Fryer from the bus terminal to take her bags
to their house. It's on the other side of town, but only a 20-minute walk. Good stuff. 
View of Taebaek from the station

Other than that, we spent a lot of time consolidating teams. We had to move all the data from the old phone to ours and also try to meet some of the other team's investigators. Also ours. There's a lot to do. 
The monk and the bridge had matching outfits

Ummmmmmmm. Yeah. I dunno. The zone leaders called last night and asked me to give some training at zone conference about language study. I don't know who fooled them into thinking I was good at language study. Like I can speak Korean and conduct church meetings and the like, but my language study is the most random thing of all time. 

Let's give you a rundown of the things I've focused on in language study for the last year or so:

Writing Poetry
Korean Handwriting
Random Grammar Forms sometimes
Drawing Pictures of Vocabulary I learn (also in random spurts)
Korean Sign Language
A Korean Journal to myself because I'm bad at my English one
Typing on a Korean Typewriter

But hey, it's a good time and somehow we're able to speak Korean.
Elder Newton loves the moon

As for something spiritual, on Easter morning I read Mormon 9, and verses 11-13 were really good. Since it's still Easter for you all, give it a glance. Have fun with your conference spoilers. I'll accept them next week.

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
 
* Because of the 15-hour time difference (16 hours during the Standard Time months), Korea is usually a day ahead of Utah. Also because of the 15-hour time difference, church members in Korea don't watch the semiannual general conference live but wait until the next weekend to watch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment