Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Week 87: Broken Expectations

l-r Sister Lee, Sister Fryer, Elder Martinez, Elder O'Brien, Elder Newton, Elder Jin
Discover Trash
Hoard and Heap
Healed leg but a plethora of canes
Stop the Problem
How?
Here, let me show you something
The proof is distraction
Trash

Well, as for this week, we did a lot of stuff I didn't think was possible before 태백. First we spent almost all of our day on Tuesday cleaning someone's house. It's not close to being done, but we at least cleared his counter and threw away his newspapers. Also found some spots we could vacuum. It was good. Our goal for the next transfer is to clean his whole house with the branch. 
 
l-r Soohorang, Elder O'Brien, BP's wife, Elder Newton, Elder Martinez, Elder Jin, Bandabi
Then on Wednesday we took our branch president's wife with us to 강릉 for zone conference. She really wanted to see Elder Gilmore. Also she wasn't a missionary so she was a little curious about everything that goes on. It was really fun. We toured the Helping Hands Center afterward. Now that the Olympics are done, there's almost no one at the station. It's fun. 
 
At the Helping Hands Center after zone conference

Oh, we also made tacos in Korea for one of the sisters in the branch. She's so nice. We had a good message about forgiveness. Huh, I think our only chance to teach this week was to members in member visits. That's fun. I guess we went back to a house we had tracted before and talked at the doorstep for a minute. It's a younger family, but the wife is always the only one home. Well, this time she had her daughter. She's so cute. When we knocked she asked who it was, and the mom said we were 오빠. Which means we're her older brothers. That was some real right there. 

"Members ft. A Pillar of Light"
 
Speaking of cute kids, we had our youth activity on Saturday and Sister Lee brought her niece. We put tape on the floor of the church and played a board game. But anyway, we were picking teams, and I went with one of the kids because he really wanted to be on my team. But yeah, he just ran up and hugged me, and the little girl saw me being hugged, so I guess she decided I was a hug-worthy person and ran over to grab my legs too. It was the most endearing experience of my life. 

But then that night was transfer calls DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN
Elder Martinez with a shopping cart and an umbrella

It's chill though. Because I'm not leaving.* Big stress reliever there. There was still the stress of putting together Branch Council and writing a 20-minute talk for the next day, but at least one thing was off my plate. It all worked out because half the district was transferred. My 20-minute talk ended up only being 2 minutes. I still talked for about 10, but we're chill.

And yeah. Elder Martinez told us Mexican history at our farewell 식사 last night. It was nice. 
Last pizza in Gangneung for the transfer

Have a happy Easter and Conference! Remember not to send spoilers^^

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
 
 * In response to Mom's questions, Elder Newton said: "Yeah, I'm in 태백 with Elder O'Brien. It's good. Sister Fryer is training and sending Sister Lee to 강릉. It's cool. Then the other team closed so Elder Martinez is going to be in 원주 and Elder 진 is going to 춘천."

No comments:

Post a Comment