Sunday, March 18, 2018

Week 86: So This Happened

Discover Nametag
Fumble and Fall
Piling Snow but Buried Treasure
Stop the Problem
How?
Get run over by a car
The Proof is Doily
Name tag

So yeah, remember that one time it snowed for the first time in 태백 like two weeks ago? So we were running home because we got back from Gangneung at like 9:20 and there were no taxis. Since the snow was slippery and all this countryside missionary work has really wrecked the old dress shoes, our good old Elder Newton may have fallen down many times. Poor kid. But don't worry, he's OK. His nametag is shattered in a doily, but he's fine. 

You see, one of the times I slipped my nametag also decided to go for an adventure of its own. Ridiculous, I know. It should have known better. But it has its agency, so it went on its merry way into a frozen grave. I missed all this in the rush to get home, but once I took off my coat it become apparent I had lost my identity. As any good missionary would do in this situation, I prayed that we'd be able to find my wayward son. However, the snow kept coming, so we kind of just set that task on the back burner. 

Flash forward to last week a little after email. We're on our way home, and there in the dirt I behold a scene of carnage not unlike our picture above (sans doily, of course). So we picked it up and prayers were answered and I took a picture at home. 

The End

Really there's not a whole lot else that happened this week. We went out to some places and the Taebaek aesthetics were great. 

Oh yeah, the weekend was exciting. We spent Saturday morning going to visit this old grandma who loves missionaries. We check on her once or twice a transfer to make sure she's not dead or anything. It's really pretty out there. 

Elder O'Brien, Elder Jin, Elder Newton, class member, Elder Martinez

Closeup of bread bowl
Then we got back home and met a nice lady in the convenience store who I think was lowkey trying to set us up with her daughter who's living in America for the moment. We also ate bread bowls with one of our English class members who's moving soon. That was fun. 

Elder Newton didn't send captions with these, but this photo was taken Sunday so one of these women is the MTC teacher.
And yeah, we're out of time if I want to send pics, but one of the MTC teachers came to church on Sunday. She was cool. She served here like three years ago. We had a lot of good talks on missionary work. 

After church ended, I spent the rest of the day being a clerk and trying to make the schedule for talks in sacrament meeting for the next quarter. Revelation is hard. 

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
Perhaps Elder Newton will provide some context for this package next week

No comments:

Post a Comment