Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Week 90: Cherry Blossoms Up a Storm

Cherry Blossoms at the 강릉 chapel
Discover
Squeeze and Squidge
Bland in itself but Spicy Dish
Stop the Problem
How?
Don't get the medium
The proof is Droopy 

I just knew those balloon animal skills would come in handy someday
So, Easter Party was really good. I think my definition of a successful party has changed a lot as I've slowly moved to smaller and smaller church units, though. I think we had about 10 people there? 12? It made the Easter egg hunt really fun though, because all the adults participated too. We did that, an egg spoon race, and a special musical number ft. arrangements by Sister Cho. Then we switched into birthday party mode for our young woman. We got her ramen she likes and a sick Disney Princess notebook. It was a good time. We even had three investigators there, which was gr90^^ (I think we have pics)

​I think it was snowing at this point? It wasn't a lot, but it did pile up on the mountain outside our house a little
On Tuesday I don't think there was much. English class? We did get a random call from someone asking about why we don't have crosses on our church. Also if we celebrate Easter, and what our traditions were. It was nice to have someone be curious. 

The weather was just darn nice
Wednesday we went to Gangneung. It was the prettiest bus ride of my life since my transfer in the fall. Spring is so pretty, dangit. And Taebaek is so cold that we haven't had any yet, but the lower elevation has cherry blossoms up a storm. It's so pretty. No pics though. So you'll have to come here now or next year. 

Oh yeah, the meeting. It was good. President Sonksen spoiled conference, and my training went well. I hope they understand I wasn't telling them necessarily to study Korean Sign Language, but more to find fun language study things for them. Also I talked about spiritual gifts, and why we receive them. #D&C 46:9

Getting ready to watch the broadcast from Salt Lake City (on delay)
Then time went on untillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Conference! It was insane. We went on exchanges with Sister Fryer, which was weird. Also it snowed that day. But it was sunny at the same time? I dunno. We had super spicy 떡볶이, but it was delicious. But wow, it was spicy. 

Snack break
Also we made tortillas up a storm because apparently all you need is flour and water? I should have known this years ago. But it's chill. The members liked our tacos. Also the other conference snacks we made and/or bought. Sister Kim really liked the bag of chiplike things we found. The bag was the size of a small child. We barely dented it, even after eating it for two days straight.

Also the kids played with Sister Fryer's hair at lunch
Also we had a little miracle on Sunday. The morning session had just started when one of our investigators walked intp the church. We had told him about conference at the Easter party, but he didn't really seem like he would come. But there he was, in the flesh. He said Sister Lee had invited him, so he came. He even paid attention and everything. Or so I hear. He was in the Korean room. 

But yeah, that's a vague view of the week. I hope you all had a good time with whatever you did. I don't know what it was, but I'm sure it was nice. Good job. 
OK, this is hilarious. Ask your nearest Korean why. Or me. (It's because 노잼 [No-Jaem] is slang for no fun. But in English it sounds like No Jam. So yeah. Good Stuff.) We saw it on the wall when we were tracting.

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
Pic of me from a bit ago, that explains my personality

No comments:

Post a Comment