Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 92: Three Areas in One Week

A view from Gangneung
Discover Road
Curve and Crest
Winding paths but straight lines
Stop the Problem
How?
Sever the Line
The proof is defenestration
Road

The district (we're split up now but it's OK)
We started off the week by sending the sisters off and heading to DongHae for district meeting. It was my last chapel of the district, so I felt very accomplished. We had pizza with my Son and Elder Steward. (Sadly, neither are pictured. We'll do better for next week.) It's really green out on the coast. But Taebaek still has cherry blossoms because we're chill.

Then we had a quick one-day break and sent me off to Gangneung for exchanges. It was a good time. I met my old English class at the college, and then studied syntax with Joon and tried to write my talk for Sunday. That was fun. We also had pizza with all the young adults in the 강릉 branch. It was a good time with a lot of half word. Well, they said it. The missionaries were all ing it up. 
Joon and Elder 허! It was a good time at the college. There was a 소주 bottle floating in the fountain. Also a lot of drinking games on the lawn (not pictured)
이창! We kept on running into him this week. He bought us a lot of Ice Cream
I also may or may not have bought ₩4,000 worth of ice cream in really small amounts of change because ice cream bars are really cheap out there. Good stuff.


We went on a walk with Sister Lee and 예은 to end exchanges. It was one of the best member visits of my life
Well that's the three areas really. So we made the whole email! Yayyyyyyy O guess we have time for something else.

Oh yeah, now that there's just the two of us, the number of things we have to do for sacrament meeting has gone way up. Elder O'Brien is relearning the piano, I conduct, break the bread for the sacrament while he plays the hymn, and this week I even had a 25-minute talk. It would have been shorter, but a member forgot to come to church (it's OK though, we love him) and the only other speaker was our Primary child. We lucked out that he spoke for an entire 5 minutes. 

But yeah, the topic was the Book of Mormon, so in a stroke of laziness and genius I decided that during the week instead of working on my talk, I'd devote personal study to finishing the Book of Mormon. So I've finished it yet again. I just spoke on what I learned in this most recent reading and added a few stories for time. It worked out really well actually, because I may or may not have been finishing it up right before church.

Maybe I'll send a copy home, but it's all in Korean. I didn't really have time for an English draft for this one. Whoops. Just know I gave Mom a shout-out for Harry Potter Time. That should be sufficient.

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment