Sunday, October 8, 2017

Week 63: I can't express myself in English at this point, let alone Korean

Elder Newton representing the Welsh dragon on a hike.
Discover Wonju
Sprawl and Spread
Strong Individual but Shared Challenges
Stop the Problem
How?
Tug the Rope
The Proof is Disease
Wonju

There is no way to put my feelings for this place into words to be honest. Even the Discover Program is failing me in expressing even a — goshdangit I'm far too sappy. It's a good thing we had conference so I had to skip a final talk in Wonju. I would have been a mess.

Anywhoooooo I got transferred. That doesn't happen a lot. Honestly I hope you all understand it's weird for a missionary to be with a companion for more than one or two transfers and an area for more than three or four. I think I'm just stubborn and would refuse to move.

But anyway, we had a great week out here. There was no time for anything, so review is easy at least. Tuesday we cleaned our whole house all day. Then Wednesday was P-Day and we hiked all day, but we went to the highest mountain. There was a Texan there. I am still sore. There are lots of pictures though.

On Thursday we went to Seoul. I took basically no pictures there. Sorry. But we had a great time with the other missionaries. I had lunch with Elder Horne and we had some cool games. The new stake center is huge. Yeah, it was just fun day. 

And of course this weekend was great. Conference is amazing. The only downside was old Branch President Kim was on vacation so no one was there on Saturday. ㅠㅠ We had nice snacks though?

Also transfer calls came like a half-hour early. We couldn't even start our Pizza Party. But it was still fun.

And yeah Sunday was mostly just conference and being with the part of the branch that showed up to conference. Saw a couple miracles on the street last night with investigators or just people I like to meet on the road (I've been here so long I even have those) whom I was able to say goodbye to. 

And yeah, by the way I'm getting transferred to 강릉 so that is super sick. My new area contains the entirety of the Olympic Proceedings, and you'll never guess who my new companion is. That's right. It's Elder Pulsipher.†
Elder Newton and Elder Pulsipher in Provo, back in the day
I think I have to re-vegan him. And yeah. That's it I guess?

Best Wishes, 
Elder Newton
† Elder Newton's companion in the Missionary Training Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment