Sunday, May 28, 2017

Week 44: I was with a Korean again!

Because Elder Newton sent no photos this week, I'll include this one from last week's missionwide "zone conference" that one of the other moms was kind enough to share. Can you spy Elder Newton?

Discover Horn
Curve and Curl
Fresh Layout, but Dusty Shelf
Stop the Problem
How?
Strangle the Squid
The proof is Shelley
Horn

Hi! So I have no time because people emailed me a lot this week? Thanks for that by the way, but I only have time for my best story, which is my exchange with Elder Lee. Other than that, um, well we have our sort of investigator whom we visit in his realtor shop if he's not busy and in and yeah, a lot of things have to go right to see him. But I played clarinet for him and shared a nice message about peace and the Spirit. It was nice. Now to story!

So basically, you have to meet Elder Lee. He's amazing, and my favorite type of Korean. 

Let me explain

In Korea, sarcasm isn't a thing. There's a decent amount of sass. Especially as you get older. There are even sass grammar forms. Anywho, the point is there are almost no sarcastic Koreans. But sometimes, they pop up. It's rare, but if you ever meet one, they are more sarcastic than the entire state of New York smashed into one person. It's amazing.

So Elder Lee is super fun, and good enough at English to the point where he's learning grammar like "I would rather" and stuff like that. So we basically spent the day talking to other people about Jesus, and talking to each other about language, and making English fun. My favorite was when we slowly built up from "I would rather die" to "I would rather be strangled by a squid" (There's your hint into my poem) 

And I'm out of time. But you get the point. Have a good week! Send me letters as well as emails. I can read and reply to them better. But also every communication is good. Next week you'll hear about transfers! Sorry I have no pictures for the week. ㅠㅠ 

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment