Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 34: My mother has questions again, which is good because I never know what to email

There's a university/hospital right by the church.

The view from the church at night.
Discover Sponge
Squish and Squirt
Clean beginnings, but Bacterial colonies
Stop the problem
How?
Pull the curtain
The proof is moose
Sponge

So is Wonju like West Valley City or is it more urban? Like, it's bigger heightwise, but similar to West Valley I guess?
What is Elder Shumway's first name? I do not know? Maybe Ian? I always call him Elder Shumway
How long has he been in Korea? He's been here about four months now? He was in the MTC with me
Where is he from? Provo but not quite. Salem
Who are the other elders in your flat/house? Elders Diamante and Horne
 Is it a flat or house? A flat, no one in Korea has a house
 Is it comfortable? Yeah*

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy questions

And yeah, like I'm here in Wonju. It's a good time so far. It's weird being in a place I've heard so many stories about. I met Elder Brown's Korean grandpa on Sunday. It was fun.

Speaking of church, the branch here is so good. And by the branch I mean the branch president (he's a different man, not Elder Brown's Korean grandpa). Anyway, the point is, he's amazing. When I called him to introduce myself, he asked if I had musical skills and if I could ever do something for the branch. Well, I informed the man I could play clarinet, but Aria† was off in Utah, so it would be hard to do anything musical. But everything is OK, because it turns out he loves the clarinet and has two! So now we're gonna do a duet and we practiced yesterday and I was so happy. 

And yeah, I have other things people might like me to say, but I'm good for now. See y'all next week!

Best wishes,

Elder Newton
 
* "We have heated floors here. Sometimes we forget to turn them off. It gets real hot then."
† Elder Newton's clarinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment