Sunday, November 6, 2016

Week 15: Elder 사과 (Sagwa)

Discover 사과 *
Pluck and crunch
Thin core but thick trunk
Stop the problem
How?
The proof is Nova
사과

So transfer calls happened. I'm still in the same place with good ol' Elder Brown. Which is great, I really like it here. Elder Gildea got a new greenie, so he was left without a companion for most of the week. He went to another area for most of the week so he could do zone leader stuff with another soon-to-be trainer. This left Elder Brown and me in a two-man house that I still have yet to send pictures of. And I forgot my camera cord today, but don't worry. I have a plan for next week that will sate the need for pictures I've heard so much about. In the meantime, know my appearance is the same, Korea is beautiful, and it's great.

So yeah, just a quick amusing story I guess. 

This week, a few members have mentioned my Newton name, and making Isaac Newton jokes. It's been a blast actually. My favorite was after a lesson with a member, the member called me 사과 장로님 which means: Elder Apple. We had a good laugh. I'm really sorry for how terrible I am with pictures. I will improve. 

Also, before I go, quick shoutout to Natalya Johnson for making me a sick watercolor and discover poem. I loved it. If anyone else wants to send me discover poems, I give the Elder Newton Guarantee that you'll receive a letter back with my official review. And my thanks, because I love them. Anywho, until next week!

Elder Newton

* "Sagwa" means "apple" in Korean. In Chinese it's more like "melon head." I'm glad Elder Newton is in Korea and not China.

No comments:

Post a Comment