Monday, June 11, 2018

Week 99: District Conference!

Elder Diamante (or Brother Diamante now that he has finished his mission), former Branch President Kim, Elder Newton
Discover Brother Diamante
Return and Receive
Small District but Growing Love
Stop the Problem
How?
But the phone
The proof is safeguard
Brother Diamante

Brother Diamante said he wanted to be in my poem this week, so here he is. You're welcome. As far as news for this week, there isn't much. On P-Day we went to the Biggest Cave and almost got stranded in Korean countryside, but it worked out because I've been out here so long I can get out of just about any 시골. We took the train. 
Surprise! Elder Newton's camera started working again … at least temporarily.
And um, we had other things in life. We went out to The Mecca of Arirang again. It's so darn far away, but it feels nice out there. (It's 정선 for anyone not familiar with random things that make random country towns kind of famous.) We met a few nice people up there, including an English teacher from Alabama. He was cool.

We had our final conferences with President Sonksen (except in Taebaek we'll see him in a couple weeks for branch conference) and it was a good time. They're just really nice. My favorite part was at the end when we made a group chat and asked President and Sister Sonksen questions. They're pretty darn wise. I was also grateful for Sister Sonksen refunding the pizza I had to buy because lunch was $300 of chicken. She's a saint, really. 

The biggest goal of the week, though, was to get 이창 to district conference. We had to visit him twice and write a few notes, but on Sunday morning he was ready for Sister Park to pick him up. #Success
It's Elder Alban! (ft. the Other Elder Pulsipher — fun fact, there are two Elders Pulsipher in the Korea Seoul Mission)
Which leads into the best district conference of my life. We showed up about 15 minutes before the meeting and so almost everyone was there by that point. I don't know how to describe the feeling of the entire district mingling together, but there's just so much love. Also Brother Diamante was there because he's a nerd, I guess. It was good to see him. I was really busy trying to greet everyone I knew, which happened to be just about everyone in the district. I think I made it, but it was hard stuff. There were so many of them. I swear, I'm not ready for a church meeting in Utah. It'll just be an overload. 

The meeting itself was also so spiritual. I knew and loved all the speakers and praying people, and the Donghae Branch nailed their special musical number. Our young man gave a talk about sharing the gospel with his friends, and he gave our investigator a shoutout from the pulpit for helping out with it the night before. They're both just great. 

The Sonksens were the last speakers, and I just really loved their messages. They both love the members here so much, and Sister Sonksen is my greatest example in learning the language. She always gives talks in Korean and this time she made little hearts for everyone. President Sonksen also gave a great talk. When he started talking, Sister Lee leaned over to me and said she thought he was going to cry. She was right, but he didn't cry too much. It was a really happy talk and he just seemed so grateful to have been able to be with the members out here. 

But yeah. The meal afterward was great, and we got a district picture all together, which I desperately needed. I'll get a hold of it somehow. But yeah. It just felt so good to see all the people I've served with for so long and be at a meeting I didn't have to plan in the slightest. It was a real blessing. 

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
Mom was at a seminary graduation and wasn't able to ask Elder Newton about this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment