Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week 76: So you're not going to believe this, but I used a clarinet in Missionary Work™

Discover Trend
Dip and Dive
Elaborate algorithm but easy break
Stop the problem
How?
Pop the Balloon 
The Proof is shallow
Trend

Well, we did the thing. But yeah, this week has done the happening. We had a pretty fun Family Night. Then we said goodbye to Elder Pulsipher.* Then we had transfers and it's always a weird day when your companion is the same. Our house got one more person, but it's still far too big. And yeah, not much news really, but we still ramble. 

But anywhoooooo, since we're lacking on memes we'll go for short this week. So basically what happened is three things. 

1. We played clarinet in the downtown one time. Which was normal. 

2. We also went door to door with the clarinet. 

But on the way home we ran into number 

3. A man playing guitar in his store where he sells guitars and ukuleles that he makes. We were walking by and it was late. I'm pretty sure the store was technically closed, but the door wasn't locked sooooo we kinda just walked in. 

It was oddly natural. I asked what he played, I said what I played and before you know it I'm pulling out the clarinet and he's commenting on feeling the spirit of the Children's Hymnbook. It was a really good lesson really. 

As I've gone through missionary work in Korea I've noticed, and you may have too, that there's rarely been a surplus of people to work with. It's kind of a constant struggle to hold onto a handful of investigators, but it has taught me a lot. We spend a lot of time working and serving, and sometimes we end up with one person who had a small change in their life. But it is a change, and as I've seen that it's helped me see little ways I can change too. It's pretty great. 

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
 
 * Elder Pulsipher has gone back to Seoul. As mentioned last week, Elder Newton and his companion, Elder Alban, are staying in Gangneung, along with the South African elder, whose name I believe is Elder DuPlessis; the old AP, Elder 이홍빈 (Yi Hong Bin); and Elder White from New York. So there are five elders in the apartment, and Elder Newton says it is still too big. By the way, the new AP is Elder Newton's childhood friend Elder Gilmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment