Sunday, December 24, 2017

Week 74: And So This Is Christmas

Me in Seoul with my PyeongChang scarf and greenie. Ain't it grand?
Discover Chick-fil-A
Explain and Expire
Sent early but received late
Stop the Problem
How?
Make aging soup
The proof is arson
Chick-fil-A

Merry Christmas everyone! This was a great week that you've seen most of already. I went through the temple which was simply fantastic and was then put on Facebook Live. I was #2kool4skool to wave, but nonetheless I existed and caroled in the middle of the Seoul with all my heart and soul. I'm hilarious. 
Elder Lee!

I took a pic of Elder Gilmore

Elder Remmington

Also Sister Sonksen continues to be an amazing cook and by this she remains an adequate substitute mother. She's the best actually. Everyone should meet her and play in her Big Band. 

But anywho we did eventually have to go back to our lovely Gangneung. We shared the Christmas Spirit by send referrals to missionaries because all our investigators are moving or going traveling. All of them. It's rather amazing, really. But it's OK, because there are other potential investigators and it's good practice for the Olympics.

As far as Christmas Eve is concerned, besides the fam and our mini concert, I had two great experiences. The first was during the sacrament hymn. We sang O God the Eternal Father and as we sang the last verse I felt especially drawn to the last line. I'll let you see it in English:
"And veiled the Lord in flesh,
To walk upon his footstool
And be like man, almost,
In his exalted station,
And die, or all was lost."

During this Christmas time I have to admit it wasn't all sleigh bells jingling and ring ding dingling too. It was great, and I was always doing my best to Light the World, but occasionally I didn't feel like I was partaking of the Light. But as I sang this and reflected, I realized something I've been testifying of all month: When we put the Savior as the center of our worship and celebration, our Christmas and our lives have more meaning. When we remember Him, and let his atoning sacrifice work in us, we can feel the true joy that I felt as I partook of the sacramental bread our little greenie Elder Alban blessed in our little church meeting in Gangneung. 

The next I found that night while preparing to carol to a less-active member. Seeing as most of you are on Christmas Eve yourselves, it seems fitting to send to you too. Unfortunately for you I typed it in Korean and don't have time to translate. I commend you all to find a Korean.* 

형제 자매 여러분 줗은 밤 보내고 계시죠? 오늘 경전 읽다가 제3 니파이 1:13 찾아봤습니다 
"네 머리를 들고 기뻐하라, 보라, 때가 가까이 왔으니 이 밤에 표적이 주어질 것이요, 내일은 내가 세상에 와서 내가 나의 거룩한 선지자들의 입으로 말하게 한 모든 것을 이룰 것임을 세상에 보일 것임이니라.
한 2000년 전에 크리스마스 이브에 예수 그리스도께서 이런 말씀 드렸는데 오늘 날도 그 말씀 기억하는게 중요합니다 이번 성탄절 기간 곧 끝난데 우리가 계속 예수님 왜 이 세상으로 왔는지 깊이 생각하면 좋을것 같습니다 

마치도록 몬슨 회장님의 말씀 인용해볼께요

"주님께서 오셨으므로, 우리 필멸의 삶은 의미가 있습니다.
주님께서 오셨으므로, 우리는 곤경에 처했거나 괴로움을 겪는 이들에게, 그들이 어디에 있건, 손을 뻗는 방법을 압니다.
주님께서 오셨으므로, 사망이 그 쏘는 것을 잃고 무덤이 그 승리를 잃었습니다. 우리는 그분께서 오셨기 때문에 다시 살 것입니다.
주님께서 오셔서 우리 죄의 대가를 치르셨으므로 우리는 영생을 얻을 기회가 있습니다.
주님께서 오셨으므로 우리는 오늘밤 그분을 경배하기 위해 형제애와 사랑의 결속으로 모였습니다.
소중한 주님의 영이 우리와 함께하시고, 그분이 우리가 축하하는 모든 것과 우리의 삶의 중심에 계시기를 그분의 거룩한 이름으로 간구합니다. 아멘."

메리 크리스마스!🎄🎅

Merry Christmas to you all, and to all a good night!

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
* Or Google Translate.

No comments:

Post a Comment