Sunday, November 5, 2017

Week 67: "You act like an animation character"

Elder Newton, Elder Lee, Elder Pulsipher, Elder Sonksen. (I asked Elder Newton about the aprons and he said most of the meat-buffet-style restaurants have them.)
Discover puddle
Splash and slosh 
Uneven earth creates smooth surface
Stop the problem
How?
Change your attitude
The proof is Frogger
Puddle

So in news this week I have a smartphone. Missionary work is similar except now I take more pictures, can read the conversations I text to investigators (this led to what almost counted as a lesson but over text. We had a long bus ride), and send emoji to said investigators. It's a blast

Also a heck of a lot happened this week and heaven knows I never have time to relate it all (see last week) so I have been keeping a journal now. Read it in a few years. But yeah. Um. We've now been a trio for a week. It's weird, and I am acting translator between our English and Korean speakers. President Oh says triangles are the most stable relationship, which I agree with, but would add that all the sides need to be connected.*
Elder Newton and Elder Lee

Elder Pulsipher and Elder Newton

 
As for the subject line, as we did the proselytizing this week, Elder Lee pointed this out about me, and I enjoyed the statement. It's rather true, isn't it?

Ummmmmmmmmmm we also did a service project this week. Oh and Halloween happened, but I think I can just tell you about service in brief. One of the members works at city hall and they were doing a terror simulation drill. They needed foreigners. He knows foreign service missionaries. So we went for like three hours, moved district meeting, and acted for about 2 minutes. But we met the vice mayor of Gangneung and everything. I have his namecard now. That's cool. 


 

We also went out near the Olympic stadium a few times.† There was a big Dream Concert we wanted to talk to people at. We also met, made and dropped an investigator out there all in the same week. Don't worry though, because when we dropped him we were with Branch President, and since the meeting ended early, we were far from home and it was 6:30 on fast Sunday, he took us to his house for dinner. It was nice. He lives in the middle of nowhere though, but not far from the stadium, which itself is in a rather not busy place. The stars were super great, and you could see the bobsled course in the distance. The lights on it were great. 

Oh and President Sonksen came out to give us our phones, and when it was all done, he took the Gangneung missionaries out to dinner. It was a meat place, but it had the best vegetables I've ever had. I swear, the greatest injustice of this country is that they hoard the best cabbage for their meat buffets. Like, give a vegan a break. We also had interviews, and I'm scared that I might get a greenie. But we'll see, transfers aren't for a few weeks. 
A vegan stirfry made by Elder Newton. "We ended up eating [the potatoes] on the side, but they were delicious."


Also yesterday when we taught our other new investigator, who is rather golden, I made a missionary metaphor with Frogger. It was one of the best lessons of my mission. 

I'd tell you more, but time,

Best Wishes,
Elder Newton
 
* To be clear, all the sides of this tripanionship are harmoniously connected. 
† Photos of the Olympic venues in a separate photo post.

No comments:

Post a Comment