Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 13: I have a cool thing

Can you spot Elder Newton? Thanks to the mission secretary, Sister Anderson, for the photo.
Discover Elder Bednar's seat
Cushy and really just a pew
Stand, and then sit in like two seconds
Stop the problem
How?
Ask questions
The proof is arms
Elder Bednar's seat

So yeah, Elder Bednar* came last week. That was big, and probably what people want to hear about.

Really though, there's not that much. Elder Bednar just came to Korea, and so we got a special three-hour discussion thing with him. If Sister Sonksen posts a pic, where Elder Bednar is sitting, is where I sat during the meeting.† So that was cool.

We just talked about faith, and he answered some questions, and in the process we all learned to use questions to teach people. See, apparently when we ask questions people are more actively learning. It's a wild thought.

Anywho, at one point I had a thought,‡ so I raised my hand to share it. Then Elder Bednar looked at me and said, "Yes, Elder?" So that's cool.

And yeah, he was just really spiritual, and I learned how I can be a better disciple and student of the gospel even when there isn't an apostle standing right in front of me.

Other than that, though, it's just been Halloween party planning and talking to people all week. Lots of small miracles, maybe we'll talk more about that next week. Until then, peace,

Elder Newton

* Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of 12 Apostles.
† Elder Newton explained that Elder Bednar posed for a photo with the missionaries in the front row of the chapel, then when he resumed his spot on the stand, Elder Newton sat in the seat he had vacated.
‡ "I just said something about questions being important to being an active learner. It was kinda basic tbh."

No comments:

Post a Comment